Your Cart is Empty.
Record not found!
Hand sanitiser is a liquid, gel, or foam generally used to decrease infectious agents on the hands. ... In most healthcare settings alcohol-based hand sanitisers are preferable to hand washing with soap and water. Reasons include it being better tolerated and more effective at reducing bacteria.
Hand sanitizer is a Gel based formula that is used to clean and disinfect the hands. It is a very convenient way to clean your hands in places where there is no soap and water. Just put some gel in your palm and rub it all over your hands to ensure good hand hygiene.
Ingredients of Hand Sanitizer.
– Alcohol is the most important ingredient in making hand sanitizer. The optimum alcohol concentration in a hand sanitizer is above 70%. Alcohol kills many types of bacteria and viruses that also includes flu virus.
– Aloe Vera Gel prevents your skin from dying out. It provides pleasant and refreshing smell to the sanitizer. It contains antioxidants and vitamins which are beneficial for the skin.
– Natural essential oils help to add fragrance to the hand sanitizers. In addition, their beneficial compounds help to soothe the skin and kill bacteria.
– Demineralised water or DM water is free from dissolved mineral salts. It draws in the dirt and contamination and eliminates bacteria and viruses.
– Carbomer is a thickening agent. It controls the flow of sanitizer liquid. It also prevents the oil and liquid parts of the sanitization solution from seperation.
Benefits of Hand sanitizer.
– Hand sanitizers are generally said to be more effective in killing microorganisms(like harmful bacteria) than soap and water.
– Alcohol based hand sanitizers prove to be antibacterial and antimicrobial. It can kill 99.99% of germs in less than 30 seconds.
– Hand sanitizers are convenient, portable and easy to use. Soaps can be contaminated because of the direct touch whereas hand sanitizers are stored in bottles and are considered to be safer.
Uses of Hand sanitizer.
– Hand sanitizers are used in hospitals, clinics and healthcare units, where people are more prone to bacteria and viruses.
– They are used in schools to teach children proper hand hygiene.
– They are used by the general public in order to not get sick and keep their hands clean.